MassageOnline.net Forum
MassageOnline.net Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Massage Forum
 General Discussion - Massage Forum
 Sound Therapy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JaquelineMarie Posted - June 16 2009 : 8:19:17 PM
Hello, my name is Jaqueline Marie. I am a certified massage therapist with a background in classical voice and music. I would like to share with you my experience of sound and how it can be used as a medium for healing.

While performing classical music in Brussels, I became aware of the powerful effect sound vibrations had on my listener’s state of consciousness and overall well being. I returned to California to share my experiences and begin my practice as a Sound Therapist.

One memorable session took place with a lovely woman who was suffering from post traumatic stress disorder and sever stomach pain. She had been in traditional therapy for many years without much success.

15 minutes into her sound session her anxiety, and stress related headache dissipated. I observed the knots in her digestive tract relax and release. The emotional tension held in her stomach, neck, shoulders and chest was greatly alleviated. When the session was finished she reported having a deeply moving experience, one which allowed her to let go of the sadness she had been carrying. She no longer had pain in her stomach, and her heart felt much lighter.

In Light & Love
Jaqueline Marie
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DevinBaker33 Posted - December 11 2014 : 04:32:00 AM
Listening to music is an evergreen therapy to reduce the stress and anxiety.But, my personal favourite is Swedish massage.
gorelaxuk Posted - February 11 2014 : 08:45:58 AM
I guess sound can be used as therapy, but as a substitute for massage therapy I don't know. Perhaps a sort of vibration therapy, or perhaps sound + massage = better relaxation and stress relieve.
Marik Posted - December 25 2013 : 08:31:23 AM
I've never heard about the sound viberation can be effective as a massage therapy. My Psychologist always told me about the musics good effects but i never asked her about the viberation!!!
Ika Posted - November 02 2011 : 9:32:38 PM
I discovered brainwave entrainment music a year ago. A friend of mine gave me a CD and since them I am addicted to that kind of music,it's very relaxing and I enjoy listen to it.
Salla Posted - October 27 2011 : 04:30:53 AM
Has anyone got experience with brainwave entrainment music cd's? I was wondering what the implications and legality of playing them in a massage studio environment were.
jitendrasnv Posted - April 21 2010 : 01:02:00 AM
Hi,

This seems very interesting therapy.One thing i am not getting that is our body is very sensitive to sound then how this sound therapy works.

I have read some where that the music plays a very important role as a therapy.Is the music is the part of therapy?

Thanks

MassageOnline.net Forum © 2000-04 Snitz Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000