Sound Therapy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JaquelineMarie
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - June 16 2009 :  8:19:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit JaquelineMarie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello, my name is Jaqueline Marie. I am a certified massage therapist with a background in classical voice and music. I would like to share with you my experience of sound and how it can be used as a medium for healing.

While performing classical music in Brussels, I became aware of the powerful effect sound vibrations had on my listener’s state of consciousness and overall well being. I returned to California to share my experiences and begin my practice as a Sound Therapist.

One memorable session took place with a lovely woman who was suffering from post traumatic stress disorder and sever stomach pain. She had been in traditional therapy for many years without much success.

15 minutes into her sound session her anxiety, and stress related headache dissipated. I observed the knots in her digestive tract relax and release. The emotional tension held in her stomach, neck, shoulders and chest was greatly alleviated. When the session was finished she reported having a deeply moving experience, one which allowed her to let go of the sadness she had been carrying. She no longer had pain in her stomach, and her heart felt much lighter.

In Light & Love
Jaqueline Marie

jitendrasnv
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - April 21 2010 :  01:02:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit jitendrasnv's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

This seems very interesting therapy.One thing i am not getting that is our body is very sensitive to sound then how this sound therapy works.

I have read some where that the music plays a very important role as a therapy.Is the music is the part of therapy?

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

Salla
Starting Member

Ireland
10 Posts

Posted - October 27 2011 :  04:30:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone got experience with brainwave entrainment music cd's? I was wondering what the implications and legality of playing them in a massage studio environment were.

Salla
Go to Top of Page

Ika
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - November 02 2011 :  9:32:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ika's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I discovered brainwave entrainment music a year ago. A friend of mine gave me a CD and since them I am addicted to that kind of music,it's very relaxing and I enjoy listen to it.
Go to Top of Page

Marik
Starting Member

Iran
1 Posts

Posted - December 25 2013 :  08:31:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Marik's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've never heard about the sound viberation can be effective as a massage therapy. My Psychologist always told me about the musics good effects but i never asked her about the viberation!!!

Go to Top of Page

gorelaxuk
Starting Member

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - February 11 2014 :  08:45:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit gorelaxuk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I guess sound can be used as therapy, but as a substitute for massage therapy I don't know. Perhaps a sort of vibration therapy, or perhaps sound + massage = better relaxation and stress relieve.

http://www.personalmassagelondon.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

DevinBaker33
Starting Member

USA
25 Posts

Posted - December 11 2014 :  04:32:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Listening to music is an evergreen therapy to reduce the stress and anxiety.But, my personal favourite is Swedish massage.

Massage Center Temple TX
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MassageOnline.net Forum © 2000-04 Snitz Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000