Massage for Injuries
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

devaneym
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - April 27 2010 :  3:11:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a runner and I've been experiencing pain on the inside of both knees and some tightness or ache in the arch of one foot. I found some rather sore trigger points in the calves as well as the same thing directly above both knees on the inside. I have been treating these with a lacrosse ball which really is aggressive when compared to using a tennis ball. I feel improvement in the tissue but I would like to know if anyone thinks that i have assessed the cause of the injuries correctly as being tight muscles in the quads and calves.

jitendrasnv
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - June 15 2010 :  03:28:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit jitendrasnv's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, I think there are several massages that will worth to get rid of all sort of pain in joints and happens due to sports injury as there are some sport massages that are very good for runners and they get better prevention.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

scausey
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - October 27 2010 :  12:04:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit scausey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Try finding someone who is cert. in Neuro-muscular therapy or a cert. Medical Massage Practitoner. They are out there, but few and far between.

Scott Causey HHP
Go to Top of Page

ethen123
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - March 24 2011 :  06:35:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you have to go for massage therapist and they can solve your problem. Also you can feel better after getting treatment.
Go to Top of Page

JenM.E.Uptown
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - April 29 2011 :  10:00:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit JenM.E.Uptown's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Look for a massage therapist who has studied trigger point therapy. 2-3 sessions should really help.

Try using a golf ball on your feet to loosen the fascia.

ALSO- use Epsom salts in a hot bath 3x per week. That will really help with cramping muscles.

Jen
Massage Essential Uptown
Minneapolis Therapeutic & Rehabilitative Massage
Go to Top of Page

Fred
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - May 03 2011 :  05:23:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have never heard someone getting cured with a "lacrosse ball"
moreover, i would prefer consulting a doctor or might take some pain killers if the pain can't be resisted
Go to Top of Page

Salla
Starting Member

Ireland
10 Posts

Posted - October 27 2011 :  04:17:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you tried trying applying an ice pack periodically every 5 minutes. It will increase the blood flow and therefore speed up the healing time.

Salla
Go to Top of Page

naruk2495
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - December 08 2011 :  12:48:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit naruk2495's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I recommend Midedical Massage.

I am in San Diego
Go to Top of Page

sachabloke
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - March 03 2012 :  05:02:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit sachabloke's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would never get massaged after an acute injury. Use ice to get rid of the inflamation, 10 minutes on and 10 minutes off.

After a couple of days the area should be ok to massage.

Alex Nielsen
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MassageOnline.net Forum © 2000-04 Snitz Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000