Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Massage Forum
 General Discussion - Massage Forum
 Question about Chair Massage at events..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Algarve
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - February 09 2008 :  5:43:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everybody,

I'm ready to start my Chair Massage business and I'm planning to start making some proposals.

I'm from Portugal and I live in city with a lot of events of all type, especially on the summer.

The company that organizes most of those events is "EXPOARADE" and it's gonna be the first place i'm going. I already know who is the decision maker and I'm lucky because my father knows him and can book an appointment with me easily.

I've been trying to prepare some kind of presentation, but I have some questions about how can chair massage best work on events like fairs, tradeshows..

I know I have some options:

1- Rent a space and sell my massage individually.

2-Trying to get a free space and sell my massage individually.

3-Trying to get paid an hourly rate and make massage for free.

Obviously the third option is the better one, but I have some questions about it. For who I'm going to work and who are going to pay me? Is EXPOARADE (events organizer)? Are all the companies in the fair for example? Is a particular company and I'm going to stay only in their booth?

I would prefer to work for the event in general, but for that I need to present benefits to the event organizer on how chair massage will be good for the entire event and that it's not very clear for me.

I know how a specific company can benefit against the competition (attract more people to them, people are more willing to talk to the company, more memorable than the usual gifts, etc).

But how can chair massage benefit an entire event? How good is for the event organizer to have me there and who will be going to pay me?

I really apreciate some help, because I'm planning to go there next week. It's a big opportunity for me and I need to have some goals in mind to show.

Thank you very much and sorry about me english.

Flavio Algarve

londontherapy
Starting Member

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - July 02 2008 :  1:12:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit londontherapy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
be sure that there is already onsite massage chair team doing this work having a steady cintract with the exhibition company - the best choice, as the beginner, is to join them and later, at some stage, to try to work independently. For that you need some work experience and connections. You might try to form a company together with your friends and offer a competitive price for the exhibition company
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MassageOnline.net Forum © 2000-04 Snitz Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000