Greetings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gridley8w
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - May 31 2004 :  1:36:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been looking for a discussion group about massage to ask questions and I hope this what I want. I was in a Yahoo group and most of the posting were jobs or complaints. I'd like answers and to offer opinions about massage. I'm in Texas and work a couple days a week with a chiropractor. I've had my license since 1995 and have worked with it only a little.

gridley8w

bjc
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - June 17 2004 :  4:42:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi gridley8w

What questions or opinions do you have? Please share. I too am looking for more interaction.

Barbara Calkins
CMT / Life Coach
Go to Top of Page

gridley8w
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - June 21 2004 :  09:37:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've seen classes for Michael Young and Stuart Taws. Both sound great but if time and money are limited to one, which one? I've taken several Ortho-Bionomy classes and while I don't completely understand the energy aspect, I get results from the mechanics. What classes have you (anyone out there you) taken? What have you enjoyed? Felt were worthwhile? Felt were a waste of time and money?
Go to Top of Page

Becca
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - June 26 2004 :  02:04:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I haven't taken classes from either, but at my school we did learn Stuart Taws's techniques from his video series. I know that they can be purchased through the Internet. That might provide another way for you to learn his techniques.

Rebecca
Go to Top of Page

livingwell202
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - July 10 2004 :  07:50:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings to all...
I have taken the Repetitive Use Injury Therapy (RUIT) with Michael Young. I have not with Stuart Taws. I love the Ruit! I have seen great results. I have been a LMBT for 11 years now, I have taken lots of courses, you must find something that is you. I enjoy stretching my clients, always have. You will Love Michael. www.mrtherapy.com He is a HOOT! He worked on my foot for 15 mins (Plantar Fasciitis) back in Feb. and I still have no pain from it... and this has been going on for atleast 3 years. I will tell you that I needed to have the video/DVD after I was done with the first class. It's not easy yet, yet is is so "EASY", you want to make sure you do it right!
My school has wonderful things that I have taken, The Humanities School of Massage, St. Petersburg, Florida. "Sports Massage" was very wonderful! Has some stretching in it. Loved that... www.2touch.com
See what is out there and Happy stretching!!
Roxanne

Roxanne Raby, LMBT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MassageOnline.net Forum © 2000-04 Snitz Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000