New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

blowfish
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - November 11 2006 :  11:24:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the NCBTMB a thing of the PAST?

All good things must end some day, or so the song goes. Is the NCBTMB on its way out?

The shocking and sudden announcement of former Executive Director, John Page’s, firing by the NCBTMB is being followed by more rumors of election scrabbles and irregularities at the troubled certification agency. Cliff Korn in Massage Today (November 2006) reports that “On Aug. 29, I received an e-mail communication from John (Page) that stated, in part, “Effective immediately I am no longer responsible for any actions of the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork, Inc.” A strange way to announce his departure. (By the way, John was a good guy, and you will miss him…) But it sounds more like a hostile divorce where John is announcing that he is no longer responsible for his ex’s bills. I wonder who will get custody of the kids?

The NCBTMB website is carrying an urgent flash message about complaints that not all eligible “certificants” have received their ballots, now that is a page right out of the political parties rule book. Ya can’t vote without a ballot! Oooops! Remember those past stories of NCBTMB board members who don’t play well together? Well, that might be happening again, but you didn’t hear it from me, nope, not gonna say nuthin about that…

Meanwhile looming on the not so distant horizon is the possibility that the FSMTB (The Federation) is looking at a possible test release of their new exam in mid to late 2007! Talk about charting unknown territory and exploring new frontiers, it sounds like “The Federation” intends to blast off and to “Phaser” out the NCBTMB! Beam me up Scotty!

Blowfish
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MassageOnline.net Forum © 2000-04 Snitz Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000