MassageOnline.net Forum
MassageOnline.net Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Legislation & Legal
 Legislation & Legal Discussion
 Client Car Accident - lawsuit & no compensation

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
angelrath Posted - October 12 2006 : 10:48:41 PM
I had a client, he was in a car accident and I worked on him for over a year. He told me I would be paid IF the lawsuit was won, and I took his word. I was asked on multiple occasions for a bill to be sent to the lawyer (which was done). Then before the case went to court the lawyer subpoenaed my paperwork. They won the case. The lawyer called and asked if I would settle for a third. I said NO and now I have nothing.

I have filed small claims court against the client and the lawyer. I was wondering if anyone else out there has been through this and has won or knows anything that can help.

Anything is appreciated.
Peter
St Petersburg, FL
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
stslovik Posted - April 07 2007 : 1:23:48 PM
If you did not obtain a signed Leter of Protection from the cleint and his lawyer, your stuck. It will be the standard small claims court case with a likely chance with a judgement in your favor, but little chance of collecting the dough.

If you did get an LOP and the case was settled and you were not paid, report it to the Florida Bar Association. The Bar won't like that fact that he signed the LOP also, and did not send you a check. Even if the cleint is gone with all the money somewhere done in Rio, the Bar could still force the lawyer to pay your entire bill.

MassageOnline.net Forum © 2000-04 Snitz Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.01 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000