MassageOnline.net Forum
MassageOnline.net Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Massage Forum
 General Discussion - Massage Forum
 Lost strength in my left arm after Swedish massage

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rexpac Posted - January 26 2010 : 7:59:15 PM
Hi All,
i went for a swedish body massage on Jan 3rd,2010...and for 2 weeks after that i was having difficulties moving my left arm. Everytime i tried lifting my left arm, it would strain my shoulder (like, if i try lifting my left arm, my shoulder would come close to my ears, just to keep my arms high up).
Over the past week, its become so much better. I can lift my left arm without any issues, but i feel i have lost all strength in my left arm. Just today i started doing weights, and i can't seem to lift anything with my left arm. I am struggling lifting 1/3 of the weights i used to lift. What could be the issue?
I called the massage therapist and she said she must have applied a little extra pressure in my back muscle to remove a muscle knot, but its like 3 weeks and its still hasn't improved.
Any suggestions on my next steps?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
rodneyani Posted - September 16 2010 : 08:59:21 AM
Excessive pressure on the muscles can cause such problems. Consult your doctor and get some medication for pain relief. Gentle massages on regular basis can help a lot to get rid of the pain. I have tried a shoulder massager that I bought from Osim. It is a handheld massager, you can take it wherever you want and it works very well.
http://www.osim.com/category/handheld_massagers.aspx
jitendrasnv Posted - June 15 2010 : 04:21:09 AM
I think you should talk to the therapist and to let him/her know that you are facing this problem and better to consult with the doctor on this issue may be the problem is due to the application of wrong strokes, this affects the tissues and leads to this problem.

Thanks

MassageOnline.net Forum © 2000-04 Snitz Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.01 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000