New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bjorn
Starting Member

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - May 06 2011 :  02:06:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi hoping someone here could help me out.

I had a massage last night in Bangkok, got a male masseur and he applied quite a bit of pressure which I liked since my back is quite tense... at one point he started doing forceful stroking movements from my shoulder down towards my hand, a warningbell went up in my mind because I thought I had read somewhere you were supposed to always massage towards the heart so you dont damage the blood valves, but since I wasnt sure I let him continue. Then when I got home and looked it up at the internet it was as I remembered, but I cant find anything more descriptive than it says massaging in the wrong direction can cause damage to the blood valves, nothing on how you would know if it had happened or if it will heal back after....

I realise this is not something that will be likely to happen if you go to a qualified masseus but in places like bangkok where proper education isnt always a requirement or when recieving/giving massage between partners it must be a possibility...

So I was wondering how much damage he could have done, and if, if it heals back and also if there are other things you should be wary about if you're getting a massage from someone you're not sure about having all the knowledge.....

Thanks

Fred
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - May 13 2011 :  01:52:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think only a prescribed medical practitioner can tell you about the damage that could have been done because of that massage
between, i don't think it might have caused a lot of damage to blood valves
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MassageOnline.net Forum © 2000-04 Snitz Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000