New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brooklyn143
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - January 31 2011 :  11:19:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay so im a recently new graduate CMT, i have been getting alot of requests to do little chair massage events, i did one for a friend as a trade, at Macy's at her Clinique counter for anyone that made a purchase received a massage, but because it was a trade, AND i got lots of free make up i didnt charge her for the few hours i was there. LOTS of the mall workers were asking me, what do i have to do to get you to come to my counter??...i was clueless into what i should charge for an hour of my time giving chair massages?? I charge 14$/15 mins or 29$/30 mins typically... what would you charge for an event??...And what if i bring another CMT friend?...Please help if you have any ideas i would love to hear from you!

Brooklyn-CMT

Edited by - brooklyn143 on January 31 2011 11:19:36 AM

CalgaryRMT
Starting Member

Canada
6 Posts

Posted - February 28 2012 :  04:17:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit CalgaryRMT's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

First of all, chair massage has such a larger market than just malls. Try to get yourself to business conventions, health conventions, corporate wellness days, nurse appreciation days, and even see if you can get in to the airport and do chair massages next to he starbucks everyone will be lurking around waiting for flights.

The going rate for chair massage is $1/minute, BUT hopefully you can get some tips too. If you are going to be at a store or kiosk, see if said store would be willing to taking credit and debit transactions through their payment gateway, and paying you cash at the end of the day.

Set up a website, simple as it may be, and get some professional looking business cards. If you have a car and can go just about anywhere in town, you'll do great! Never be afraid to market yourself.

Contact me through my website if you have any further questions.

Mike Cote, RMT
http://www.CalgaryRMT.com
Go to Top of Page

Tinkers Touch
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - November 01 2014 :  4:37:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tinkers Touch's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I charge $1 minute which usually works out perfectly. Not to mention 1 out of every 3 gives a tip which is your to keep. :) good luck with marketing yourself. This is the fun part!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MassageOnline.net Forum © 2000-04 Snitz Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000