Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Massage Forum
 General Discussion - Massage Forum
 Some concerns before my first-ever massage.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thepoweroftouch
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - March 08 2010 :  1:02:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, folks.

I'm scheduled for my first ever appointment with a massage therapist. I'm a bit nervous.

They said that there will be some paperwork and a brief interview before the massage.

I asked what I could do to prepare for the session, or what I should bring. They said that I don't have to do anything before the massage.

I asked about clothing and whether they'll provide the massage attire. They said that they ask the clients to undress to whatever level they're comfortable with.

Here are some concerns I have:
1. I don't feel comfortable showing my underwear to somebody else, even if it's underwear and even if the massage therapist has seen lots of underwear. I was thinking of wearing a Speedo swim suit, but I would need to go buy one and I wouldn't know whether wearing a swimsuit during a massage session would seem unusual or weird.

I don't want my clothing to get in the way of the massage. If they'll be massaging the gluteal muscles (buttocks), how can they do so if someone has a panty/bikini/brief on?

Even if I wear a swimsuit or underwear, I don't want the therapist to be able to touch or see the shape of my parts. You may say that a massage therapist is used to the job and wouldn't care about the private parts' shape. But it's a concern that I have. It's something that I would like to keep private. I was thinking of putting a sports protective cup into my brief/swimsuit.... the plastic thing that athletes used to keep them from pain. Is there some product that I can buy/use that is made for this purpose? If not, what suggestions do you have?

I don't know about other males, but I prefer to keep my nipples private, too. Without going into too much autobiographical detail, my nipples are other body parts that I would like to keep covered/draped. But doesn't a therapist treat a man's chest differently from a woman's chest? Doesn't a therapist uncover and touch a man's chest (including nipples)? I wonder what the response (in action and in thoughts) of my therapist would be if I said I would like my nipples covered.

I'm concerned about my body hair, too. I wonder whether it would be better to remove body hair before the massage. There are 2 reasons why I'm concerned about body hair:
1. Isn't it more effective/therapeutic to massage a hairless body? I'm guessing that it's easier to "knead" the body without the hair getting in the way.
2. My second concern with body hair is that I feel self-conscious with it. I don't feel too self-conscious about body hair when I'm not receiving a massage. But when the massage therapist is looking at and touching my body, then I become really self-conscious about my body hair.

Friends, I welcome your thoughts and responses.

Raiden
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - March 30 2010 :  2:47:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had similar concerns before my first appointment. I went to Aura Spa a few weeks ago for a deep tissue massage and didnt want to feel exposed. My wife told me that, "I shouldnt get so worked up about something that is supposed to be relaxing." I took her advice and let everything go. I was amongst professionals who made me feel comfortable and I enjoyed the time spent there. In fact, I am going back as soon as possible!
Go to Top of Page

jitendrasnv
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - April 21 2010 :  12:51:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit jitendrasnv's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

If you are going for your first massage then you should be very concern about the massage cream/oil which is being used on you because for the first time it should be checked that is the massage cream or oil suits to your body or not?

Another thing is the you should take care whether the massage therapist is experienced or not as this is very important.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Valyssa
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - July 26 2011 :  10:51:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
after reading your post i am wondering why did you want a massage? massage therapists see all types of bodies and don't care..they view the body like a gynecologist would a woman. you thought way too much into this. most guys wear nothing or their boxers (if the therapist works on the glutes which some do/some don't then they work over the sheet if the client leaves their underwear on). the majority of therapists have the room pretty dimly lit so just close your eyes & relax..again, the therapist massages hundreds of bodies in a year, yours will not remain in their memory.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MassageOnline.net Forum © 2000-04 Snitz Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000