New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vinceyoung2009
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Posted - December 10 2009 :  06:31:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is difficult to pinpoint one reason, which makes me love winter so much. Is it the festivity of Christmas, coupled with the lazy holiday mornings, or, is it the soothing carol music that just seems to fill the air. Sipping coffee I watch mesmerized the gentle falling of snow, as if caressing my window panes and teasing the shivering leaves. The winter holidays are the only time when memories don’t have to take appointment from my busy schedule. So, from the childhood memories of skating in the pond, to drinking warm mug of chocolate and shoveling snow keep flitting through my mind canvas, making me nostalgic about the good old times. But, the excitement is not limited to just that. Winter is also a time when skiers, snowboarders and other winter enthusiasts move out and do the things they’ve awaited a long time.

Personally, I used to love snowboarding. I still remember the exhilarating experience of gliding on the endlessly white ground. The biting cold breeze pierced through the exposed parts of body and always left my toes numb and sore. I remember one incident when my legs became too stiff because of long time spent on the board. The incident left a burning sensation in the entire leg. I went to the cafeteria, had some coffee, and rubbed my legs. Warmth made me feel better but the sore limbs made my walk a bit awkward.

Today, when I work as a mobile massage therapist, I can clearly understand why I had that pain and how I could’ve alleviated it in a short while. Muscle contraction was responsible for the soreness and I’m glad that I rubbed my legs to get the warmth. Fortunately, reading this blog can help you out if you happen to get in a similar situation.

So, If you have soreness because of skiing for a day, or hiking, or any type of intensive leg activity, give light pressure massage on the feet as it can work wonders. Massage reduces the pain and swelling which helps your body to recover faster. Stretching muscles at the time of massage improves flexibility, which is important to prevent further injuries. Moreover, it improves circulation and speeds up the transport of nutrients to muscles and tissues. It promotes lymph drainage, which helps remove toxins from the body.

If you are involved in winter activity, massage can benefit you immensely by increasing the muscle balance, strength and alleviating pain. Therefore, a good massage can help you enjoy your winter activity to the fullest and keep you fit too. So, what are you waiting for!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MassageOnline.net Forum © 2000-04 Snitz Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000