Inappropriate or Misunderstanding???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

therapyn8
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  11:58:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently underwent a massage at a local salon to which i have been a customer for several years for facials etc, however this was my first massage treatment. I am female, my masseur was male. I was wearing a wrap-around gown at the start of the massage. I did not get under the drape. the masseur asked me to open the gown, and he began work on my back. There were several instances where he was working on my upper arm/shoulder, and had positioned my hand in so it was in contact w/ his crotch area. This made me uncomfortable yet it wasn't obvious enough to elicit a reaction or protest. later, he removed the gown, leaving me entirely exposed when massaging my buttocks. I had asked for work to be done on my sciatic area, so expected some buttock massage, however i have always been draped in an appropriate manner. When asked to turn onto my back, i had to tuck the gown b/w my legs for modesty, crossed my legs tightly and made it apparent that i was not comfortable. No effort was made to hold-up a sheet for privacy on his part. I told him i was annoyed, and he asked why...i responded by saying it should be obvious, and did not want to discuss it further at this point. At some point he mentioned that the sheet should have been draped the entire time. After some work on my thighs, he stated there was 10 minutes left, i felt this was odd also, yet asked he continue on my other thigh. Again, he stated there were 3 minutes left, at that point i said that was fine and he could leave. I spoke with the manager briefly saying how i felt the treatment was very unprofessional and that we would discuss it in further detail tomorrow.
Generally, I feel this treatment crossed the lines and i feel violated. I acknowledge that by not being under the drape initially may have given the masseur the notion i was comfortable not being fully draped, yet with the subtleties of the other issues mentioned above, I believe he may have been trying to take advantage.
I appreciate any comments/suggestions anyone can provide.
Thank you.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MassageOnline.net Forum © 2000-04 Snitz Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000