Client Car Accident - lawsuit & no compensation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

angelrath
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - October 12 2006 :  10:48:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a client, he was in a car accident and I worked on him for over a year. He told me I would be paid IF the lawsuit was won, and I took his word. I was asked on multiple occasions for a bill to be sent to the lawyer (which was done). Then before the case went to court the lawyer subpoenaed my paperwork. They won the case. The lawyer called and asked if I would settle for a third. I said NO and now I have nothing.

I have filed small claims court against the client and the lawyer. I was wondering if anyone else out there has been through this and has won or knows anything that can help.

Anything is appreciated.
Peter
St Petersburg, FL

stslovik
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - April 07 2007 :  1:23:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit stslovik's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you did not obtain a signed Leter of Protection from the cleint and his lawyer, your stuck. It will be the standard small claims court case with a likely chance with a judgement in your favor, but little chance of collecting the dough.

If you did get an LOP and the case was settled and you were not paid, report it to the Florida Bar Association. The Bar won't like that fact that he signed the LOP also, and did not send you a check. Even if the cleint is gone with all the money somewhere done in Rio, the Bar could still force the lawyer to pay your entire bill.

Sean
"Don't just get a massage, Get a Body For Living!"
http://www.a-body-for-living.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MassageOnline.net Forum © 2000-04 Snitz Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000